Urgent!!-Find Cell Address of Last occurrence of a String in a column

lesliewheeler

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Need a little help with a formula, I am trying to find the cell address of the last occurrence of at string "LLL" in a column.

Range- (I4-I3001)

the formula in cell A1 will check the last occurrence of the txt "LLL" in the above column (I4:I3001) and return the address of the same.

EG:-
LLL occurs in I15, I90, I56,

Result box in A1 of the formula will show I56. This will dynamically get updated as more occurrence happen in the range

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME QUICKLY.....

Appreciate It!!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Why wouldn"t Result box in A1 of the formula show I90 before we start, since 90 is greater than 56?

Upvote 0
How about
="I"&MAX(IF(I4:I3001="LLL",ROW(I4:I3001)-MIN(ROW(I4:I3001))+4))
This is an array formula & needs to be confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter, not just Enter.

Upvote 0
Correct...My Bad.... But he gentleman below had understood and gave a kick *** solution

Upvote 0
Heres its row:

=LOOKUP(2,1/($I$4:$I$3001="LLL"),ROW($I$4:$I$3001))

You can concatenate "I" onto the front for its address. Why the address by the way?

Upvote 0
I need the cell number for using it as a refrence in another formula... but guess it didnt do much good as I am getting a circular reference error... i tried using cell index and match it is shows the first instance not last... can u help with this result using the =cell(“address” formula

Upvote 0
It is very unlikely you need the cell address to pass to another formula. What is it you try to do in the other formula?

Upvote 0
I am trying to link the starting point of range to the address of the highest occurrence cell.. which changes dynamically as data updates

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what is it your formula is intending to do? Paste it here so we can maybe tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back