Urgent Help: ActiveX OptionButtons and Templates (Sheet references)!!!

aza

Hi,
I need help with optionbuttons and a data entry worksheet stored as a template. I have a worksheet containing a number of activex optionbuttons linked to cells, from which scored values are then calculated. I have tried saving the worksheet as a template. However, whenever a new sheet is inserted from this template all the optionbuttons in the previously filled worksheet are disabled, losing their values. Is there a way I can reference all of my optionbuttons in such a way that they are automatically referenced to the newly inserted worksheet, without new entries affecting old options?? Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Thank you for your reply. Well at the moment there is no code behind the option buttons. The template sheets need to be stand alone and printable. At a latter stage I will need to link/specific results from the sheets to a consolidated summary page. For which, at the moment each of the buttons are linked to hidden a cell behind them from which adjacent formulas calculate results from their True/False values. The linked cells read as follows in the properties section: 'Candidate (1)'!V26. When a second sheet is inserted from the template the linked cells correctly read 'Candidate (2)'!V26I, automatically, but then when a selection is then made, Candidate (1) sheet option results are de-activate. Thanks again for your help, I am most appreciative.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back