Urgent help; Graphs Please :'-(

ConfusedOne

Hi
As an excel beginner, I have been trying to find a solution of one simple graph for the past 10+ hours with absolutely no luck.
The graph(s) that I need are line charts but whatever way I try, always come everything else, just not what I need.
The excel file from which I need the graphs is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdl2ea

Every different entry in the column A must have different graph. What I want to get, out of the graph is this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/01dnrt

I know it looks easy but its not :( How do I get this graph? Tried all youtube videos, all hundreds of graphs excel 2003 tutorials and still nothing. The most close I come to was the graph with correct axis but, instead of lines, just points.

I would appreciate any help. Will stay awake for reply because the boss in company wants tomorrow those graphs and I cannot afford to go away from excel without having this.

Hopefully someone could help.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
does anyone know, please, how to get a graph in excel? Im keep looking and trying this but the correct graphs are still not here. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I know it looks easy but its not How do I get this graph? Tried all youtube videos, all hundreds of graphs excel 2003 tutorials and still nothing. The most close I come to was the graph with correct axis but, instead of lines, just points.

Use a line graph?

Upvote 0
If you want to describe the data and share the result here, I am willing to try and help you. But, I will not download an Excel file and try and figure out what you want done with it. Nothing against you personally. I just don't believe in spending my time figuring out what someone else's problem if they cannot take the time to describe it themselves.

Hi
As an excel beginner, I have been trying to find a solution of one simple graph for the past 10+ hours with absolutely no luck.
The graph(s) that I need are line charts but whatever way I try, always come everything else, just not what I need.
The excel file from which I need the graphs is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdl2ea

Every different entry in the column A must have different graph. What I want to get, out of the graph is this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/01dnrt

I know it looks easy but its not :( How do I get this graph? Tried all youtube videos, all hundreds of graphs excel 2003 tutorials and still nothing. The most close I come to was the graph with correct axis but, instead of lines, just points.

I would appreciate any help. Will stay awake for reply because the boss in company wants tomorrow those graphs and I cannot afford to go away from excel without having this.

Hopefully someone could help.

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
If you want to describe the data and share the result here, I am willing to try and help you. But, I will not download an Excel file and try and figure out what you want done with it. Nothing against you personally. I just don't believe in spending my time figuring out what someone else's problem if they cannot take the time to describe it themselves.
Thank you for your reply. In the second link is the example of what I need to get from the datas so noone needs to figure out anything because everything is given.
What could be the reason why wouldn't anyone download both files is beyond me, since its easier that way but to describe the situation without files:
In first column I have few hundreds of lines with approximately 28 different entries. Each entry should have own graph. In the next column are periodically (they are repeating all the time in new lines) given some text such as:

text1
text2
text3
text4
text5
text1

and so on. So it is repeating all the time till the end. This text should be series in line chart. With ''series'' I mean the ''names'' of each line in line chart. But its gets complicated because the text is written is sometimes also written several times for the same entry in the first ( ! ) column. On the right side of the second column, I have many other columns. The datas are always located in correct lines regarding what they belong to (to which text in the second column). But those lines are many from many different columns. Also there are houndreds of empty cells.
What I would like to do is to pick up (due to huge table and many different entries in the first column is probably not possible to done this automatically) for each graph only once (for all 5 text entries in the second column) the serie (name of line in line chart) and for each name should be picked / chosen values from different columns and what is the most complicated, from different lines that belong to the same text in second column.
So far I have tried all youtube videos and no luck yet, been trying this whole night to use the tutorials but still nothing comes correct. I do get the graphs but wrong ones.
The most close I came to was the graph but without lines (just with points) and I did choose the line chart.

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Im completely out of ideas. Might not be even possible to get this graphs in excel. Could be with redesigning / changing the datas but God knows how :confused:

Upvote 0
Start with a smaller sample that is manageable (one or two series, with only a small number of data points). Create a "test of concept" for one series, rather than trying to work with all of them. Once you work out the basic pattern, see if it can be replicated for a larger set of data - if it can't you may at least have a better idea why not.

This will also give you something to post as a sample here.

For what it's worth, I don't download files from unknown sources, generally speaking.

ξ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back