[URGENT] Macro tools to import data w/ new line items while updating the data in new WB

learningxsml

Hello Everyone,

I am a complete Excel Noob.

I am really stumped in this task I have been given..Here is the summary of what I need to do.

Source File
• Sheet 1: Database of Projects with the following columns (Excel File):
Country, Business Unit, Project Name, Project Manager, Current Revenue, Last month’s Forecast, Current Forecast

• Sheet 2: Two graphs for summary of Revenue vs Last forecast for Business Unit & Country

Create a macro based Excel tool to do the following:

• Button 1: Imports new set of data to append a database with new line items and updates existing line items with a new workbook.
- I have to import the data with the same columns while appending the new ones and updating the existing entries. There should be no overwriting or duplicates. I need to also update Last months forecast with the old current forecast for exisiting entries.

• Button 2: Checks if a bubble chart exists. If yes, update it when the new data or create a new bubble chart for the existing data.
- The chart needs to be linked to the new database with the updated range.

I have been on this for the past 4 days, I have browsed like 30 forums, read excel 2016 power programming with VBA by Michael Alexander..I can make forms
smile.gif
, but, I am unable to complete this task accurately. I am able to import the data, but not append it as mentioned or update it yet. I have figured out I need to loop through the new file, line by line, and check if the project name exists in my current database with the match function (I got the code for that through Macro Recordings), but I am unable to compile properly or move ahead. I havent yet figured out how to make button 2. I have also gone through the stickied thread, but, I need more time to absorb all that knowledge which I currently dont have.

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

Best,
Learningxlsm

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Error please disregard

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back