Lookup solution

RosieG1991

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets.
Two of the worksheets pull data from one source (worksheet that gets updated regularly) using vlookups etc.
The worksheet in which the data is pulled from changes size all the time, sometimes I may have 100's of new rows other times only 5 new rows and sometimes less rows.
In order for the 2 other worksheets to always grab all the new data I have applied my vlookups in these worksheets to most of the rows available in a worksheet so that I don't every miss anything due to not having the formula in the row.
I have also added to the formula to ignore the blanks so that I don't get 0's or #NA on rows where there is no data to pull

However what I have found is that unless I filter one of the columns in these 2 workbooks the new data doesn't appear.

Is there something I can do to rectify this? Can I add a button with some code behind it to be able to refresh the data (filter) in the 2 sheets?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
If your formulas are not refreshing then it would suggest that you have set calculation to manual. The link below tells you how excel decides if calculation is manual or automatic, there is a section at the bottom that tells you how to calculate (refresh) your formulas when needed.
If you need to refresh filters then try Ctrl Alt L (the shortcut to the re-apply button on the data tab of the excel ribbon).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back