Urgently need Help with VlookUP

GNai

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Team Need Urgent Help
Currently have a Spreadsheet listing all Projects in a Column, each Row is a Project. starting form Row A2 down to Column A25, along B1 through to M1 have Project Activities. B2 through to M2 have dates of activities.
My goal on a different sheet would like to Lookup the a Project for any date that are with 2 days of today and return the activity and date

example: Project = Building Kitchen. Two days from today Activity = Hang Cabinet - Date would be the real date

Thank you Team

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Without a visual example, best guess would be (Change "Project" to the name of the project to search for).
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),MATCH(TODAY()+2,$B$1:$M$1,0)),"No Match")
If you need to post an example, please use XL2BB, not screen captures or copy and paste.

Upvote 0
Without a visual example, best guess would be (Change "Project" to the name of the project to search for).
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),MATCH(TODAY()+2,$B$1:$M$1,0)),"No Match")
If you need to post an example, please use XL2BB, not screen captures or copy and paste.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick response - I have added a mini excel - So i would search the Project and it would return the activity and date that is 2 days from today

Attachments

• Projects.png
    Projects.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
See if this works when you edit the ranges to match your actual sheet.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(TODAY()+2,INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),0),$B$1:$M$1),"No match")
This is the best that I can do without the XL2BB sample that I asked for. I can't test the formula on a screen capture.

Upvote 0
See if this works when you edit the ranges to match your actual sheet.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(TODAY()+2,INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),0),$B$1:$M$1),"No match")
This is the best that I can do without the XL2BB sample that I asked for. I can't test the formula on a screen capture.
Wow it return the activity (Place Order), how can I also return the real date which would be 8th Aug - Thanks in advance - you are so prompt and a Champ

Upvote 0
how can I also return the real date which would be 8th Aug
See if this works
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(TODAY()+2,INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),0)),"No match")
Note that I've set both formulas so that if there is no exact match for the date 2 days from today then it will return the closest one before that date, not after.

Upvote 0
See if this works
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(TODAY()+2,INDEX($B$2:$M$25,MATCH("Project",$A$2:$A$25,0),0)),"No match")
Note that I've set both formulas so that if there is no exact match for the date 2 days from today then it will return the closest one before that date, not after.
Jason it works - Your support so appreciated - thank you

Upvote 0
See if this works
Excel Formula:
Hi Jason a very quick one - how can i return the date and instead o the number representing the date

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back