Use a drop-down to display data from another sheet....

Michele

Board Regular
Hey,
I have a workbook that I would like to use for retrieving maint. info. from but I can't figure out how to make the Macro do what I need. (inexperience)

The main sheet has 4 drop-downs
I would like to make the main sheet cell that contains the drop-down show all data from another sheet in the same workbook.

For example:
Main sheet cell A1 contains a dropdown list that contains the words "Electrical,Mechanical,Operational,Lack of Basic Condition"
I have created 4 new sheets named "Electrical,Mechanical,Operational,Lack of Basic Condition"
I would now like to display all the data contained on these titled pages to my main page when I select it's respective title from the drop-down list on the main page.

Again: I have 5 total sheets in this workbook named: "Main" "Electrical" "Mechanical" "Operational" "Lack of Basic Condition"
The Main sheet contains the drop-down list and the other sheets contain all of the maint. info.

Please feel free to reply with questions if needed....I will respond as soon as I can !!

As always , Thank you guys sooooo much and I am learning alot....

Michele :p

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi Michele:

I am providing a simple worksheet simulation for the case you posted. I used a combobox from the VisualBasic ToolBox to depict the choice of Electrical, Mechanical, Operational, and LackOfBasicCondition, I chose C1 as the LinkedCell, and D1:D4 as the ListFillRange.

Not knowing how your data is laid out in the sheets for Electrical, Mechanical, etc. I chose to link the cells from the Electrical Sheet in cells A1 to C3. See if this is the sort of thing you have in mind ...
Book2
ABCDE
1ElectricalElectrical
2Mechanical
3Operational
4LackOfBasicCondition
7ElecA1ElecB1ElecC1
8ElceA2ElecB2ElecC2
9ElceA3ElecB3ElecC3
Main
</SPAN>

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
Hey Yogi,

Tahnx for the HELP....But I'm not sure this is what I had in mind.....only because I am not familar with how to transfer all the functions I need to my workbook.....Should I e-mail you a copy of my book ?

I don't think an HTML post from me will be able to give you a true look at the sheets...let me know and thanx again....:p

Upvote 0
Hi Michelle:

Sorry for the delay in responding to you -- I wasn't on the Board for the last few days. If you are interested in something like what I proposed in my response, then please do email me your workbook -- I hope it is not too big -- if it is quite large then you can send me a small sample, and let us take it from there.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back