Use List in a macro

bullcreel

Board Regular
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value

I have the above macro, and a dozen variations of it on my worksheet. They all work great. My next step is that I want the value in "A1" to be a list, of say at least 7 items. So when i hit the macro, I want it to display the 7 items and I pick one that will display. I have tried different thing except for a User Form. Do I need to do a User Form for this or is there something I can add to my simple macro above?

So my range that I want to come up is called "Flyouts". When I do this nothing is loaded in the UserForm box. It is blank

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Reading back through the posts. I intially tried to use a Validation Data dropdown, but couldnt get it to work. The cell will always be activecell because there are different cells I will chose to put this info in.

Upvote 0
Yeah you can have the data validation on lots of cells. The crucial thing is you need to do it prior to use so you would need to know which cells beforehand. With this userform you just need to click the cell you want to add the value to first. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Upvote 0
Yeah you can have the data validation on lots of cells. The crucial thing is you need to do it prior to use so you would need to know which cells beforehand. With this userform you just need to click the cell you want to add the value to first. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
So if I have to use ActiveCell, I have to use a UserForm. Also, I now need to figure out how to size the UserForm. The range is not in the box until I hit the dropdown arrow. Once I hit that, the range shows up. Then I pick the data I want and hit Command Button; that works fine.

Upvote 0
Yes if you dont know the cell you want to edit beforehand you will need to use the userform. You size it the same place as you created it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back