Use YEAR slicer to control pivots from multiple data source

deLockloire

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey,

I have two excel tables (transactions and summary). The transactions table contains transactions one by one, starting with a date. The summary table contains annual sums of those transactions and also a various administrative data counted based on other data tables that the transaction does not use. Both tables have a Date column; only while the transactions table uses dates for registering the date of the transaction, the summary table uses it as merely a visual and reference aid. Each row in the summary table represents a year, and it starts with a date of DATE(YEAR,1,1), which I use as reference for SUMIFS criteria as start of the given year.

I'd like to create pivot charts of various sorts from both tables. However, in the end, I'd like a YEARS slicer that can operate all charts from both sources. I've checked some videos on how to connect the two, but somehow it's not clear how I can do it for the built-in years slicer. Any help would be welcome.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back