User can run macro but not vba in Access 2007

CongoGrey

Greetings to All,

I have released an Access 2007 database to a user.
She can run macros (one main form button opens another form with a macro) but cannot run any vba code (a second main form button that opens another form using vba).

I can run both the macros and vba on her PC using my login but she cannot.

We have gone through the Trusted Locations, etc.
We also had Office 2007 reloaded. Any suggestions?
I do not know what further to do.

CongoGrey

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Things you can try:

Triple-check the Trust Center settings for that user. Be absolutely sure that no caution message is displayed when she opens the application.
See if the vba fires on a third machine/user combination.
Set a breakpoint on the first line of the "bad" button's ******* event handler to check whether the code is running but not behaving as expected.

Good luck!

What happens when she clicks that second button - nothing?

Upvote 0
For some silly reason "*******" has been replaced with asterisks above. Lets see if it happens here.

Upvote 0
When you first try to set-up a Macro in Access, it gives you access to some of the Macro Actions, but not all. Then if you click on "Show All Actions", it gives you access to the rest.
It is almost like there is multi-levels of security going on. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

On the user who is having these troubles, what happens if you click on "Show All Actions", then try running the VBA.
Just curious if that makes a difference...

Upvote 0
When you first try to set-up a Macro in Access, it gives you access to some of the Macro Actions, but not all. Then if you click on "Show All Actions", it gives you access to the rest.
It is almost like there is multi-levels of security going on. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

On the user who is having these troubles, what happens if you click on "Show All Actions", then try running the VBA.
Just curious if that makes a difference...

I did place a break point 'on click' event that normally fires the VBA code. Her log on doesn't even get that far.
I also created a dummy button that runs a 'runcode' macro that references a VBA function. it runs fine with her logon.
But i'd rather figure out this problem then develop an extensive macro-runs-VBA work around.
I will try the show all actions tomorrow at work.

Upvote 0
Yes, nothing when she clicks the VBA button.
I will visit her again in person tomorrow to check her trust settings.
Otherwise I'm out of ideas other than work around.

Upvote 0
What would prevent an on click event from firing?

A Trust Center setting is most likely. Try having her temporarily set the Macro Setting to "Enable all macros", and see if that helps. Another reason could be code corruption, but that is not an issue here because the button works for you.The event could be firing but the code may not be running as you wish/expect. That's why I suggested setting a breakpoint on the first line of the on click event handler.

Upvote 0
What would prevent an on click event from firing?

A Trust Center setting is most likely. Try having her temporarily set the Macro Setting to "Enable all macros", and see if that helps. Another reason could be code corruption, but that is not an issue here because the button works for you.The event could be firing but the code may not be running as you wish/expect. That's why I suggested setting a breakpoint on the first line of the on click event handler.

I did set a breakpoint on the ******* event. When my user clicks the button nothing happens for her on screen and the breakpoint is never addressed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocketslinger

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back