User Defined function that counts color filled cells that meets other criteria as well

Torque88

Using Excel 2013 on windows 7

So, as I've scoured the internet, I've found plenty of User define functions (UDF) that allow you to count cells based on their backgroud color, but I can never find a UDF that works like a "CountIfs" formula allowing you to count cells based on backgroud color AND meet a second criteria.

In my case I'm auditing 2300 project site surveys done by two different organizations. When I finish each audit, in one column, i mark down which of the two organizations completed the the survey and mark Y in the next column marking off that I completed the audit. If I find that there were errors in their survey, i color this "Y" cell pink. I need to come up with a formula that counts all the pink cells but only if they've been done by organization 1, and of course use the same formula for the second organization.

Hope that makes sense. So, What would be the best solution?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back