User form with mail merge functionality

johnj81

Hi Excel Community,

I'm trying to create a User form that will take data from a spreadsheet and populate a word document template (already created) with specified data, based on the user input. Not sure if that made sense. For example, I have a list of customers on a spreadsheet with all their info (Name|Address|Phone...). I need the user to be able to type the customer ID inside a text box on the form then have a button click event procedure generate & save that file to a specified folder. Each row (aside from the header row) represents 1 customer. I realize this is a lot to ask, but I'm still a bit novice with VBA and would really appreciate some help on how I can approach this. Again any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
This sounds a lot like what I am trying to do... I have an excel file with rows filled with names, addresses, and dates that I would like to feed (mail merge) into a Word template and create a separate letter for each row of data in the excel file.

Anyone out there able to help? I am more or less a novice with VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back