User forms in Excel 95???

Burger01

Anyone know if this is possible? We have a few areas within our group that fail to move forward and update their Office products and I have created a Form based spreadsheet (VBA) to determine some business outcomes. Problem is I used 97. Anyone know of anything to overcome this - possibly some add-ins?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Has anyone tried? What happens?

If you have a site license for Office 97, maybe you should go to the office on a Saturday and bump them all up; be done with this issue.

Upvote 0
VBA and userforms were introduced in Excel 97. As such, there's no way to make any version before 97 VBA compatable.

One really horrible suggestion is to use Excel 5 Dialog Sheets and Excel 4 macro sheets to make programs compatible with Excel 5 through to Excel 2000 (I don't know if XP is backwards compatible with Excel 5 in this way because I don't have it).

The best answer though, and one they wont want to hear, is to upgrade to at least Excel 97. (or even better, show them the magical tools you've created and persuade them to use at least Excel 97).

HTH

Upvote 0
****, I was hoping there was something I could do.

Steve - I would try your suggestion, but our IT contractor - IBM Global Services Australia maintains some pretty heavy security for this.

Mark - cost is extreme for our company to upgrade. I have told them all now that we will not be changing. Upgrade or else. I am sure they can come to my computer and IO can dazzle them with the features of Excel 97.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Burger

Upvote 0
You don't need to log onto the network, just the workstations.......

If the cd-rom is bootable, and the drives are Fat, not NTFS.....oh, you know where I am going with this...

These are NT, or....?
This message was edited by stevebausch on 2002-09-15 22:44

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. NT is what we use. I think the group has accepted my stance of moving to 97. I have put a few managers in to bat for me... hopefully they can slug some runs for me.

Burger.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back