User Forms

DaveO

Board Regular
This probably requires just a simple Yes/No answer (A little more than that would be appreciated!)

Can a user form be used to do away with a user entering any data int a spreadsheet? I want the user to be able to enter information into the form, for the sake of argument, weight of a parcel and service required, and have the input passed to a sheet which does all the calculations and then pass the result back to a text box or label on the user form.

If the answer is yes, I will go away and try and find out how to do it - I have not used user forms so I think the best way is to try them out once I know what I want is possible.

Dave

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Depends on if you are willing to have a device hooked up.

Bar Code devices will read in information that is extracted from a database.

And Weighing machines that need minimal Spreadsheet intervention can calculate based on Chart Vlookups for rates, based on Address and weight.

The device may be capable of inputting all this in... in most cases, the templates can be supplied by the device manufacturers, at least that is what I have seen.

(y)

Upvote 0
The answer is definately yes. And I do it a lot.

I would guess that most of the calculations could be done in the form as well (assuming you know a little bit of VB). I've got 1 hour before I leave for a long weekend of golfing and debauchery, so if you post more, I can help for a while...

K

Upvote 0
Santeria

Sorry - Don't really understand as I never mentioned barcodes - Its a bit of a coincidence though as I have just this morning received a barcode reader through the post I bought on eBay :LOL:

kkknie
Don't hang about for me - just running things through my mind at the moment - need time to start messing about with them

Dave

Upvote 0
It was just an example.

Most of these devices are ready made for Office Integration so that you can use them for excel data extraction, and even Access together with Excel data Extraction if your system is large enough.

:(

Upvote 0
To get you started

If you type something in a textbox on a userform and want to put that on sheet1 range A1 the code would be

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Userform1.Textbox1.Value

Upvote 0
Understand you now - just thought you may have replied to another post by mistake. Thanks anyway

Upvote 0
DRJ

You do not relise how much that little snippet has helped me regarding how to access userforms in VB.

Thanks for the biggest kick in one direction I have ever had!

Upvote 0
DaveO said:
DRJ

You do not relise how much that little snippet has helped me regarding how to access userforms in VB.

Thanks for the biggest kick in one direction I have ever had!

Glad to help. :cool:

Upvote 0
Although I have not been on the board for ages, You have always been helpful. I usually try and sort things out myself before I ask, but my kids were annoying me whilst I was trying to think so I apologise for taking the 'easy way out' - I just feel that I have taken abackwards step down the learning curve doing it that way.

PS DRJ
Only just got the humour in your signature - perhaps it is time I laid off the beer for a while as I have been into computers since 1978 :oops:

I've got 1 hour before I leave for a long weekend of golfing and debauchery,

Tounge in cheek, withouth wishing to sound offensive, but doesn't that amount to the same thing - putting balls in holes! :LOL:

Moderater

If you find that too offensive, please remove it - I will not be offended

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back