User Priority Sorting

vinnylad

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

Ive been a regular follower on this forum, but never posted, so please be gentle. Ill do my best to follow post etiquette.

I am trying to create a method to assist my family in selecting a ski holiday resort, as we each have differing priorities and - because of the width of options available - selections are lacking focus.

I created a spreadsheet that contains 3 sheets:

1. Datasheet - has columns containing the country and name of the resort, then a bunch of following columns (~20) that scores criteria of each resort (eg family friendliness...restraurants...nightlife...scenery etc) 1-5 on that criteria.
2. Dashboard - To simplify the engagement for my family (many of them are not tech savvy and the raw data is a tough read), where - using a selection of radio buttons - each person can decide which countries and criteria are most important to them by selecting the countries they are considering, and for each criteria, decide whether its critically important to them (scores 4 or 5), desirable (scores 3) or not important (score 1-2). Dependent on their selections, i want to present a few key fields in score order from the data sheet in a top 10 list.
3. Selections sheet - where i capture their priorities and filters from the dash board

What i am struggling with is best method to capturing the various resorts and present them based on the selected criteria. I have looked at using ISNUMBER with MATCH, but i dont know how best to approach this with the multiple optional sort criteria i am offering, and whether i should use formulas or look to go down a VBA route (which i am a little because of the variety of , or whether i should look to go down a VBA route.

Can anyone point me in the best direction to take this, and - if anyone has an idea - provide a small cut of code that i can repurpose across my sheet?

Many thanks for reading this far and considering this request.

Attachments

• Dash.PNG
    Dash.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
  • data.PNG
    data.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
  • selections.PNG
    selections.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back