UserForm adds today's date to a text box and writes it to a worksheet, but the date changes to US format whenever the "day" is 12 or less (IE a month)

tsgnms

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My workbook is set up to default to UK date format, and I'm specifying the date format I want in my code. However, if the day is 12 or less then Excel interprets it incorrectly and saves it the wrong way round. For example, if I try to write "05/10/2023" to a cell, it saves it as "10/05/2023". However, if I were to write "13/10/2023", it writes it correctly. I am extremely confused as to why it keeps switching the day and month around when none of my settings are set to anything but UK format. Furthermore, I have specifically stated in my code that I want the day to be first.
So, firstly I have a user form which saves to a hidden sheet (and can be recalled). There is a textbox in the form for a "last updated" value, so anytime someone saves a record it automatically adds today's date into the text box and also saves it to the table on the sheet:

VBA Code:
Me.Controls("iLastUpdate").Value = Format(Now(), "dd/mm/yyyy")

I have tried this with both capitals and lower case lettering, and the text added to the field in the user form displays correctly. IE, if I run that code now, the text box in the user form shows "10/05/2023".
But then when I try to recall the data to the form, or view it in the table, it shows as "05/10/2023". This only happens when the first two numbers are 12 or less and can be considered a valid month.

The code I'm using to write to the table is as follows:

VBA Code:
For Each cell In Table.Range("A2:AA2")
                If cell.Value <> "" Then
                    Table.Cells(trg.Row, cell.Column).Value = UCase(Me.Controls(cell.Value).Value)
                End If
            Next cell

I hope I've explained that okay, and any help would be seriously appreciated as it's incredibly frustrating!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
You need to use CDate to convert the text in the control to an actual date value using your regional settings - for example:

VBA Code:
For Each cell In Table.Range("A2:AA2")
                If cell.Value <> "" Then
                    If Isdate(Me.Controls(cell.Value).Value) then
                       Table.Cells(trg.Row, cell.Column).Value = CDate(Me.Controls(cell.Value).Value)
                    else
                       Table.Cells(trg.Row, cell.Column).Value = UCase(Me.Controls(cell.Value).Value)
                    end if
                End If
            Next cell

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you so much, you are a hero!

I'd tried using CDate() but at the wrong part of the process - I was trying to convert it before storing it in the textbox which was, in hindsight, pretty stupid!

Thank you again!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back