Userform code help - submission add row above

Jlombard_

[FONT=&quot]Hi there guys.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Building a user form currently and as it stands the data gets added to the last blank row:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To achieve the last row input I've used the offset method and this target row code:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Dim TargetRow As Integer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TargetRow = Sheets("engine").Range("B3").Value + 1"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]when clicking the submit button; What i need is a piece of code to add a new row to the top, which the new data is then inputted into so that new submissions are always on top.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you need to look at the rest of the code let me know![/FONT]

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi,
maybe

Code:
Range("2:2").Insert CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow

[FONT=&quot]example taken fron VBA helpfile, inserts a row above row 2, copying the format from the row below (row 3) instead of from the header row

adjust as required to meet your project need

Dave

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Hi,
maybe

Code:
Range("2:2").Insert CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow

example taken fron VBA helpfile, inserts a row above row 2, copying the format from the row below (row 3) instead of from the header row

adjust as required to meet your project need

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply! the code works brilliantly at inserting new rows like I wanted, however I can't seem to make the data pull into the new row that's been created.

Code:
Private Sub CMD_Submit_All_BTN_click()

Dim TargetRow As Integer
Dim FullName As String 'full name
Dim PolicyNumber As String

TargetRow = Sheets("engine").Range("B3").Value + 1 'this determines where the next entry will go in the spreadsheet
FullName = txt_customer_firstname & " " & txt_customer_surname
PolicyNumber = txt_policy_ref

If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("Data").Range("X8:x80"), PolicyNumber) > 0 Then

MsgBox PolicyNumber & " has already been submitted for an AOK", 0, "check"
Exit Sub

End If

Range("C8:AF8").Insert CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow

'''BEGIN INPUT DATA INTO DATABASE'''
                                                                                                                                    '''EMPLOYEE DETAILS'''
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 0).Value = txt_auto_date 'timestamp of day form is submitted
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 1).Value = txt_employee_name 'employees full name
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 2).Value = CB_department 'Which department the employee is from
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 3).Value = txt_email_address 'what is the employee email address

Any ideas on what I'd need to change? still pretty new to this!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply! the code works brilliantly at inserting new rows like I wanted, however I can't seem to make the data pull into the new row that's been created.

Code:
Private Sub CMD_Submit_All_BTN_click()

Dim TargetRow As Integer
Dim FullName As String 'full name
Dim PolicyNumber As String

TargetRow = Sheets("engine").Range("B3").Value + 1 'this determines where the next entry will go in the spreadsheet
FullName = txt_customer_firstname & " " & txt_customer_surname
PolicyNumber = txt_policy_ref

If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheets("Data").Range("X8:x80"), PolicyNumber) > 0 Then

MsgBox PolicyNumber & " has already been submitted for an AOK", 0, "check"
Exit Sub

End If

Range("C8:AF8").Insert CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromRightOrBelow

'''BEGIN INPUT DATA INTO DATABASE'''
                                                                                                                                    '''EMPLOYEE DETAILS'''
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 0).Value = txt_auto_date 'timestamp of day form is submitted
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 1).Value = txt_employee_name 'employees full name
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 2).Value = CB_department 'Which department the employee is from
Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start").Offset(TargetRow, 3).Value = txt_email_address 'what is the employee email address

Any ideas on what I'd need to change? still pretty new to this!

Scratch that, figured it out lol!

Upvote 0
Scratch that, figured it out lol!

Hi,
glad resolved.

just as tip, you should not need to keep declaring the worksheet / range you are writing data to.

you can change this

Code:

to this

Code:
With Sheets("Data").Range("Data_Start")
        .Offset(TargetRow, 0).Value = txt_auto_date 'timestamp of day form is submitted
        .Offset(TargetRow, 1).Value = txt_employee_name 'employees full name
        .Offset(TargetRow, 2).Value = CB_department 'Which department the employee is from
        .Offset(TargetRow, 3).Value = txt_email_address 'what is the employee email address
    End With

which as you can see, only uses the worksheet / range once & makes code easier to read.

You can read up on With Statement in VBA helpfile.

there are various other ways you can write data from userform to worksheet but example sticks with your current approach,

Hope helpful

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back