Userform Combo Box switches sheet but doesn't enter data into active sheet

joburbank

I have put together a Userform for entering data into a series of identical spreadsheets in the same workbook. The form contains a combo box that switches the active worksheet by selecting the sheet's number. However, once the new sheet is selected, the Userform continues to edit the cells in the original sheet (eg. Start with sheet 1; enter data; switch to sheet 2; data entered in the userform continues to enter values in sheet 1).

Is there a way to reset the user form without closing it so that the data will be entered into the active sheet?

Thanks

Code:

Private Sub SelectBidItem_Change()
'Code to select worksheet based on value in ComboBox

Sheets(SelectBidItem.value).Activate

End Sub

Private Sub userform_initialize()
' Code to populate values for list in ComboBox
With SelectBidItem
.AddItem "0"
.AddItem "1"
.AddItem "2"
.AddItem "3"
.AddItem "4"
.AddItem "5"
.AddItem "6"
.AddItem "7"
.AddItem "8"
.AddItem "9"
.AddItem "10"
.AddItem "11"
.AddItem "12"
.AddItem "13"
.AddItem "14"
.AddItem "15"
.AddItem "16"
.AddItem "17"
.AddItem "18"
.AddItem "19"
.AddItem "20"
.AddItem "21"
.AddItem "22"
.AddItem "23"
.AddItem "24"
.AddItem "25"
.AddItem "26"
.AddItem "27"
.AddItem "28"
.AddItem "29"
.AddItem "30"
End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi and welcome to the board.

There is nothing in the code attached that writes back to the sheet. Where is that bit of code?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

The userform uses a standard textbox with the control source set to a specific cell on the worksheet (d1). I didn't write additional code since I thought it was included as part of the text box. Do I need to write a sub-routine that tells the control to write to the active workbook? If so, how would that look?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Would you be happy to commit the text to the sheet by clicking on a command button on the userform? You could use something like this attached to the command buttons click event:

Code:
ActiveSheet.Range("D1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Value

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I tried using the code you suggested ("ActiveSheet.Range("D1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Value") for the "TextBox_Change ()" event. It does allow me to enter values into other sheets, but it continues to enter the same values into the original worksheet simultaneously.

I am a bit perplexed. I can use the form on any sheet as long as I open it with the sheet I want to edit active. If I select another sheet from the form (making that active), it continues to enter data from the text box into the original worksheet. I may be able to create a seperate user form to select the sheet first and then open the form, but I'd like to avoid using multiple forms if I can.

Any suggestions??

Jerry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Jerry

I suspect that is because you still have the control source set. I think you need to clear it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back