userform combobox - autocomplete with drop down box

ajm

has anybody got a snippet of code to make a combobox auto complete? as the user types in a name into the cbo, i would like them to be able to select from a list that drops down below the combobox.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

ajm

thanks Akuini. I have inserted your snippet into my existing code where I think it should go. I get a Run time Error 70: Permission Denied error at
Code:
.List= d.keys

ajm

error because i was filling the cbo from RowSource. How do I adjust the code so that when an entry is backspaced away, the other form fields are deleted also? so by deleting the selected user from the cbo box, i want the first name, last name, phone, etc fields cleared. And need listbox cleared of selections if any?

Last edited:

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
How do I adjust the code so that when an entry is backspaced away, the other form fields are deleted also? so by deleting the selected user from the cbo box, i want the first name, last name, phone, etc fields cleared. And need listbox cleared of selections if any?
I think it is a different problem, so you need to start a new thread. And I suggest you provide a sample workbook and upload it to a free site such as dropbox.com & then put the link in the new thread.
I will help if I can.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy

This Week's Hot Topics