Userform controls' balloon tooltips not showing in Excel 64-bit

rplazzotta

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Can anyone help with my BalloonToolTips class? It works in Excel 32-bit (W7 and W10) but not in Windows 10 Excel 64-bit, even though it compiles without errors.
It's old VB6 code that I've adapted for VBA (VBA only exposes hWnds for Frames and Listboxes).
So I put any controls other than the above that require a multiline "ControlTipText" in a caption-less Frame with the Userform's bordercolor and I put the control's ControlTipText in that of the Frame.
It's the only way I've found to provide multiline tooltips for such controls.

But they just don't show in Excel 64-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.wot.fr/BalloonToolTipDemo.zip

Richard

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Looks nice. Wouldn't it be better to move MakeTTData into the CToolTip class?
Yes, both JT (in an earlier post) and I had thought of that, but I'm happy to keep it as a .bas for the time being, as JT has already kindly done a lot of work on CToolTip (already 7 pages of posts!).
And I'm not very comfortable amending someone else's class code containing API calls that I don't fully understand ;) (I'm a translator by trade, not a professional developer).
Also, my pseudo-html encoding convention for ControlTipText/Tag is very personal :) (I tried to keep it as concise as possible while keeping it fairly intuitive).
One way forward could be to offer a default TTData option in the class (rather than a UDT, which can only be private in the class, and therefore involves a lot of userform declarations and code).
It could be configured via ThisWorkBook or a worksheet-specific routine (although the developer could always define a default for each application, as this isn't really aimed at the end user).
Because IMHO, custom tooltips in any given application should be consistent in style, and TTI_WARNING/TTI_ERROR tend to be the exception rather than the rule (see JT's InputBoxEx).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back