UserForm data to locked cell

leopardhawk

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello forum friends, trying to find out if there is a way to move data from a UserForm to a 'locked' cell on a worksheet. I want to leave the cell locked, forcing users to use the UserForm to enter data. Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
In your form code, unlock the cell ... move the data ... lock the cell again.

Upvote 0
If only I knew how to do that. Here is my code to move the data.
Code:
Private Sub OKCommandButton_Click()

With Sheets(3)

If Not AllmostEmpty(PayrollTextBox1) Then .Range("F13").Value = PayrollTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PayrollTextBox2) Then .Range("L13").Value = PayrollTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(RentalTextBox1) Then .Range("F16").Value = RentalTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(RentalTextBox2) Then .Range("L16").Value = RentalTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox1) Then .Range("F47").Value = PercentComboBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox2) Then .Range("F76").Value = PercentComboBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox3) Then .Range("F106").Value = PercentComboBox3.Value

End With

With Sheets(5)

If Not AllmostEmpty(PensionTextBox1) Then .Range("D14").Value = PensionTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PensionTextBox2) Then .Range("H14").Value = PensionTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(BridgeTextBox1) Then .Range("D15").Value = BridgeTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(BridgeTextBox2) Then .Range("H15").Value = BridgeTextBox2.Value

End With

With Sheets(6)

If Not AllmostEmpty(EstCPPTextBox1) Then .Range("D36").Value = EstCPPTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(EstOASTextBox1) Then .Range("D37").Value = EstOASTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(EstCPPTextBox2) Then .Range("I36").Value = EstCPPTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(EstOASTextBox2) Then .Range("I37").Value = EstOASTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(ActCPPTextBox1) Then .Range("D47").Value = ActCPPTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(ActOASTextBox1) Then .Range("D50").Value = ActOASTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(ActCPPTextBox2) Then .Range("I47").Value = ActCPPTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(ActOASTextBox2) Then .Range("I50").Value = ActOASTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(NetTextBox1) Then .Range("D53").Value = NetTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(NetTextBox2) Then .Range("I53").Value = NetTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(SurvivorTextBox1) Then .Range("H91").Value = SurvivorTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(SurvivorTextBox2) Then .Range("H94").Value = SurvivorTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(DeathTextBox1) Then .Range("J91").Value = DeathTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(DeathTextBox2) Then .Range("J94").Value = DeathTextBox2.Value

End With

With Sheets(7)

If Not AllmostEmpty(RRSPTextBox1) Then .Range("F11").Value = RRSPTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(RRSPTextBox2) Then .Range("L11").Value = RRSPTextBox2.Value

End With

With Sheets(9)

If Not AllmostEmpty(InvestTextBox1) Then .Range("F11").Value = InvestTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(InvestTextBox2) Then .Range("L11").Value = InvestTextBox2.Value

End With

Unload Me

End Sub

Thanks!

Upvote 0
HELP! :unsure:

The workbook and the worksheets (except one) are all 'protected' and all of the cells are locked.

When my users have completed filling in the field(s) on the UserForm in question, they will press the OK button which then moves the data to the applicable worksheet(s).

My question is, "Using VBA, how do I unlock the cell(s) in question, enter the data and then lock the cell(s) afterward?" Or perhaps another way would be, that when the user clicks the OK button, the worksheet(s) are unprotected, the data is entered and then the worksheet(s) are protected again immediately?? Maybe this is a long shot but I think there probably is a way to do one or the other but I need some advice on how to integrate it into my existing code. Thanks!

Upvote 0
You can easily unprotect/protect a worksheet.
VBA Code:
With Sheets(3)

.Unprotect ' Passoword:="Optional"

If Not AllmostEmpty(PayrollTextBox1) Then .Range("F13").Value = PayrollTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PayrollTextBox2) Then .Range("L13").Value = PayrollTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(RentalTextBox1) Then .Range("F16").Value = RentalTextBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(RentalTextBox2) Then .Range("L16").Value = RentalTextBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox1) Then .Range("F47").Value = PercentComboBox1.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox2) Then .Range("F76").Value = PercentComboBox2.Value

If Not AllmostEmpty(PercentComboBox3) Then .Range("F106").Value = PercentComboBox3.Value

.Protect ' Passoword:="Optional"

End With

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back