Userform not working on all computers

Hoozits

I have this code

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
frm_document.Show
End Sub

A userform is called up upon a calculation change in the spreadsheet on two computers and has for years. We just hired a new employee and the userform is not pulling up for her. Instead she gets an error: Runtime error 75...Could not find the specified object. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I should mention I have 'til noon before I was told I had to stop working on this issue.

Upvote 0
What happens if you press Debug when the error occurs, then f8 through the code?

Upvote 0
Im still learning excel however I had this problem earlier and there were multiple variables which were causing this error to happen to me.

Original thread : http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377960

From what you have described these are the only suggestions i can offer.

1. Make sure that if your macro has alot of ActiveSheet or ActiveCell in it that the user closes out all other Excel documents while working on this one.

2. If your code references specific sheets Ex: Sheets("Sheet1") and the user modifies the sheet name in any way. Ex: Spreadsheet.xls changed to Copy of Spreadsheet.xls. This has caused the issue to occur for me when i send my document to other users, so i had to change all my specific sheet references to something that wouldn't depend on the workbook document being specific. (The other users always found some way to inadvertently modify the original document name without noticing.)

3. If the user tried to run it from an email attachment, over network folders or directly from Outlook instead of copying to the desktop first. (I have had a few people try to just Open and run from Outlook which caused an error like this if not the subscript out of range error)

I am still a novice, and there could be a different underlying issue, but i managed to fix the issue for my documents and have not had the error occur anymore.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know what's funny? It's not happening to her right now. She says it happens after being in the spreadsheet for about 10 minutes or so. I can tell you that debugging it highlights the line, "frm_document.Show" yellow.

Upvote 0
Yes, the Debug would take you to that line (unless you have Break in class modules set in the options) but hten pressing f8 will take you into the actual userform code line by line until you discover where the real error is.

Upvote 0
Hitting f8, as you suggest, pulls up this error:

Runtime error 75...Could not find the specified object.

Upvote 0
If you open the workbook on her machine, switch to the VBEditor and select Tools-References from the menu, are any labelled as 'MISSING:'? (I am assuming she does occasionally see the form)

Upvote 0
I just checked. None appeared to read 'Missing'. And, yes, you are correct, the form does pop up sometimes. After working in the spreadsheet awhile, however, the problem occurs and the form refuses to pop up.

Thanks for all of your help, by the way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back