Userform occasionally crashes Excel upon calling

smallxyz

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
My "Personal.xlsb" contains a Userform, which comprises lots of command buttons to handle different daily tasks. Long time ago I have created a quick-access icon on top-left corner of Excel toolbar, in order to invoke it more quickly via shortcut "Alt + 1". Such way of calling this Userform has been perfectly well for me for over 2+ years.

But recently, when using "Alt + 1" to show up the Userform, the whole Excel freezes itself and seems to hang and malfunction(See attached image 1). Upon pressing "Ctrl + Break" to terminate the VBA code, Excel does respond but only to show up a freezing VBE screen (See attached image 2). Any clicking to close, maximize, minimize the Excel windows is in vain. What I could do is to "Ctrl + Alt +Delete" to kill the "Excel.exe" to restart. The weirdest part is that, sometimes the Userform can successfully be invoked to show up, and those command buttons can still function properly. But sometimes it just screws up and hangs the whole Excel.

I note that this problem always arises when my PC has been running for a long time. Already tried re-install Office Excel. Not working. Extremely clueless.

Help.

* PC︰Windows 10 Home Edition, 64-bit
* Excel︰Microsoft Office LTSC 2021 Professional Plus

image 1︰
S1.png

image 2
S2.png

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
As you should well know by now:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Hi - I see from the Chandoo forum that you seem to have come to some kind of conclusion on this, but I suspect that this is probably the result of a graphics memory leak. I used to get them when I was learning how to make graphics-related API calls, and didn't realise that I needed to 'clean up' after myself. It can accumulate over time (or even over a matter of seconds) and once it gets to a certain point - the things you describe and show in the screen capture start to happen and Excel crashes (eventually). Does that sound familiar?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back