Userform Pop-up Calender default settings

begoldar

Board Regular
Hi everyone,

So, I've added a calendar to my userform using the "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)" (aka DTPicker) addition to my toolbox- which allows me to use the calander as a pop-up to a combobox. For some reason it automatically puts in today's date when I start the form. I want it to start off blank. Does anyone know how to change it? I've tried all the settings I can find, but nothing seems to work. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Do you have any Initialization code setup with the Date Picker?
If so, please post it.
It inputs todays date by default, if you want something else you would set that in the Initialization code. If you want it "blank", it will default to 1/1/1900. Not a very handy starting point for a calendar.

Upvote 0
I do have some initialize code, but that's only for other fields in the userform. Originally I had just a blank text box that the user would manually type in the date, but then I learned how to add a date picker, so I decided to use that. What I'm confused about is that when I tried to play around with the date picker originally (before the weekend) it came up as a blank. But now it doesn't. So it makes me think there's some setting somewhere I need to change. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Still don't know how you would get the date picker to come up blank. Could it have just been a listbox when you saw it blank? That is possible.

I would suggest using the calendar control over the date/time picker, unless you need the time too. Have you looked at that?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what it was. In fact, it might've just been my imagination (friday before you leave, you know how it goes). Anyways, I don't need the time. I just liked how there was an empty box, and when you clicked on it you got the pop-up calander like you do in some other programs. How would I use the calendar control? Do I just add a textbox that when you click on it it pops-up a new userform that utilizes Microsoft's calander view? Or is there an easier way? (I'm not quite sure what you are referring to when you say calendar control.)

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Ok, got it to work. (Had to scrap the date-picker for a textbox double-click that called up a new userform with the calendar.) Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back