Userform search

lj2810

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a table with 45 members and let's say 100 columns. Each column is a date and members will have a negative figure within the cell referencing their name and the date if they have a holiday. (EG John Smith is off on 12th June so he would be -8 in cell H22).

I want to be able to select a date range ( a week) and show only the people that have a negative against them within that week (this could be one day or the whole week).

I have tried various pivot tables and excel tables and can not get it to pinpoint to what I want.

My next trail of thought is creating a userform where I select my date range from a calendar and I am returned with the members that will be off and if possible how many days.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this or if there is a much simpler way of displaying this where all that needs to be manipulated is the date?

Thank you.

L.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If I correctly understand your layout and goal ... you could use a FILTER on the COLUMNS that have a negative symbol in the cells.

That would show only those columns where an employee is listed as OFF (negative sign in a cell).

Google : Excel Filter Columns.

Upvote 0
If I correctly understand your layout and goal ... you could use a FILTER on the COLUMNS that have a negative symbol in the cells.

That would show only those columns where an employee is listed as OFF (negative sign in a cell).

Google : Excel Filter Columns.
Thanks for the advice,

There is going to be a lot of columns with the data and I only want to see certain dates at a time.

Lisa.

Upvote 0
You could post a sample of your workbook to a CLOUD download site (like DropBox or similar) for review.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back