userform - user must enter name to begin

ajm

Hi, how do i set up a userform to make users enter their name before they can proceed? I don't want to use an inputbox before the form is called as the form is meant to help them save time while answering telephone calls. Currently, their is just a text box for them to input their name but most don't. this makes tracking who made what changes difficult.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
If you have a button in the userform to save the data on the sheet, there you can put the following:

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
  If TextBox20 = "" Then
    MsgBox "Enter your name", vbCritical, "SAVE DATA CANCELED"
    TextBox20.SetFocus
    Exit Sub
  End If
  '
  'Continue your code to save the data on the sheet.
  '
End Sub

ajm

If you have a button in the userform to save the data on the sheet, there you can put the following:

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
  If TextBox20 = "" Then
    MsgBox "Enter your name", vbCritical, "SAVE DATA CANCELED"
    TextBox20.SetFocus
    Exit Sub
  End If
  '
  'Continue your code to save the data on the sheet.
  '
End Sub
cheers Dante. that should do the trick nicely. I have a button to add the data to the report so will put your snippet in. Fantastic.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: ajm

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck1960

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...