Userform/VBA Version Issues?? Excel for Mac

Mane

Hi,

I have a Userform created with VBA code in Excel 2003 (Windows. Sorry, I don't know the VB version). I've run this code through Excel 2010 (Windows) and it seems to work fine. When I try and run it in Excel for Mac 2004(VB 11.5), I get a "Sub or Function not defined" error, highlighting a call to the 'Replace' function.

This suggested to me it wasn't able to use all VB functions properly, so with a bit of Googling, I tried looking at Tools > References in the VB editor. There were some things in here called VB project and VB converter which were unchecked but when I try to select these and save the changes i get an error: "name conflicts with existing module, project or library" error.

Can anyone help with this?? Or at least help me better understand what the References options actually do.

Many thanks,

Pat

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi thanks for that.Unfortunately that replacement doesn't work for me
Code:
application.substitute()
gives a runtime error 424 object required.

Any ideas??

I just want to make the code as universal as I can, so it can run on as many different version of excel/vb as possible. Currently wrking on Excel Windows 2003 & 2010 but not Mac. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Soemthing to consider is adding an IF THEN statement, containing identical code but written for both Windows & Mac.

In other words, write the same code twice (but with whatever small differences are needed to ensure it runs smoothly in both scenarios) and then attach it to an IF THEN statement that checks the application somehow.

So IF Application.Version = Windows Then
RUN Windows Code
End IF

IF Application.Version = MAC Then
RUN MAC Code
End IF

Something like that "might" work, but not sure how else to do it. MAC and Windows are obviously two very different O/S's, so I think you will continue to see problems if you try writing one block of code that you try running on multiple platforms.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian, That's a good idea. I know I'll never get something completely universally compatible.

Any ideas on why i can't use Replace() or Application.substitute() on my Mac though?? Any other replacements for Replace()??

Thanks again for all your help.

Upvote 0
Honestly no, no idea. I am new to Mac myself and just got Office11 installed, so I haven't had time to go through and check out what works VBA-wise, etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back