UserForm

JamesPW

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have a simple application that puts up a msgBox under certain conditions. When I went to enlarge the font I found out you can't and I should use a UserForm instead. I've never used a userform. Can someone point me to the Dummies Guide to UserForms? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just put up a messagebox with some text in it in the font size, color, etc. I want. An "OK" button will close it. No data going into it, no data coming out. I'll probably want some kind of "Warning" graphic but that's icing on the cake. Thanks

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi,
This may be bit more than looking for but here is one site offering free tutorial & can even download the sample workbook.

Dave

Upvote 0
I appreciate the help but.... I've learned some things since my past post. My original, working code uses an InputBox to get the two pieces of user data I need. After seeing this for a few months I decided I'd spruce it up with fonts, colors, etc. Problem 1- InputBox does not support fonts, colors etc. So... after I do some research, it looks like UserForm is the way to go. I've never used UserForms, hence my prior question. Problem 2- the version of Excel/VBA I'm using does not support UserForm AT ALL!. So I'm asking the pros (you)-Are there any alternatives to MsgBox that can be customized?

Also, I'm having the same problems with MsgBox. I want to use one to throw up a simple error message to the user- "Bad input, try again". I add one to my code and I get the MsgBox but the text is tiny and, in general, it's pretty ugly. Are there any alternatives to MsgBox that can be customized?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Which version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
Excel v13.39
VBA v7.1

Newish MacBook Pro running Big Sur.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the help but.... I've learned some things since my past post. My original, working code uses an InputBox to get the two pieces of user data I need. After seeing this for a few months I decided I'd spruce it up with fonts, colors, etc. Problem 1- InputBox does not support fonts, colors etc. So... after I do some research, it looks like UserForm is the way to go. I've never used UserForms, hence my prior question. Problem 2- the version of Excel/VBA I'm using does not support UserForm AT ALL!. So I'm asking the pros (you)-Are there any alternatives to MsgBox that can be customized?

Also, I'm having the same problems with MsgBox. I want to use one to throw up a simple error message to the user- "Bad input, try again". I add one to my code and I get the MsgBox but the text is tiny and, in general, it's pretty ugly. Are there any alternatives to MsgBox that can be customized?

Thanks
Clarification- I meant to ask "So I'm asking the pros (you)- Are there any alternatives to InputBox that can be customized?"

Upvote 0
Clarification- I meant to ask "So I'm asking the pros (you)- Are there any alternatives to InputBox that can be customized?"
Unfortunately the Mac version of Excel does not support the creation or modification of User Forms, it will run those already created with no issues.
Please go to your account settings and update your Excel version and platform. It will show up under your Avatar and the experts will have a much better idea on how to help.

Kevin.

Upvote 0
Done
By your answer I assume I'm SOL- InputBox doesn't support it, UserForm isn't available, and there are no alternatives that will get me to where I want to be. Ditto MsgBox

Upvote 0
Done
By your answer I assume I'm SOL- InputBox doesn't support it, UserForm isn't available, and there are no alternatives that will get me to where I want to be. Ditto MsgBox
Thank you for updating your account!
I'm afraid I don't know of a way, but I'm not one of the experts. I have a boot camp partition on my Mac just for this reason. It's much easier to develop in Excel under Windows. Sorry James...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back