using 2 lists to obtain a result from a 3rd list.

gsdanger

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Using 2 lists to obtain a result from a 3rd list. (using the AND function for the first 2 lists I think). How do I relate the 3rd list to the first 2?
List1List2List3List1Input21
2052List2Input6.5
2263List3result??
This is just a very small portion of the lists.
Example: If list1 entry is 21, and List2 entry is 6.5, then I want the result to be, say, 3. How can I relate these lists?
I hope I have explained my problem sufficiently. Can anyone assist with this enquiry.

Regards.....gsdanger.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Good day all,
I have updated my profile to reflect excel 2019 as being utilized (did this some months ago).
In relation to obtaining the result of "3" from list 3. That was just an example. Sorry if I have confused anyone.
What I am trying to do is use the first 2 lists to get a result from the 3rd list.
I don't know how to relate the 3rd list to the first 2 lists.
when I get the first 2 list combinations like 21 and 6.5, how do I set up a result from list 3.
When I use the AND option to combine the inputs from the first 2 lists, I don't seem to have any way to search the 3 list. Do I need to use another column in list 3 and use this as a reference number? Not sure. please assist.

gsdanger

Upvote 0
I don't know how to relate the 3rd list to the first 2 lists.
Neither do we, that's why you need to tell us how to do what you want manually (ie in words)

If 21 is the value from list 1 and 6.5 is the value from list 2 what is the required answer using the sample data in post 1 and how do you get that answer manually?

Upvote 0
Appreciate your keenness to assist me. Unfortunately, I have not presented my problem very well!
I will cancel this request for assistance and re-submit when I have thought better of what I want.
I will also attempt to incorporate an example, as requested.
Just as a bit of background, the information I am trying to utilize is from a hard copy graph, with 4 lists on it, and the option of receiving the answer from the combination of the first 2 lists from the 3rd list is on a sliding scale (list3).
I will try to emulate the graphs and get back to you in the next few days.

Appreciate your attempts to assist me.

kind Regards....gsdanger

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back