Using Access to fill out a form

AntMac

Board Regular
I have all the tables and querys I need to get all the numbers, now I would like to present the numbers in a beautiful non access restricted tabular format. I have a couple of options and I would take any that works. The problem is I can't see how to create a report in a reasonable amount of time that resembles the form. The form I'm using I have a fillable pdf version of the form already. I'm just trying to see how to get access to fill out the field based on the record(s) that are selected. Anyone know how to do this? Or I'd be ok with if I can make the access report get created from the pdf form then I can make the fields myself if it looks like it resembles the form.

Keeping this short for now. Using phone.
Sounds like grouped controls. Select one, many are highlighted. Right click. There is a "grouping" option to remove. First time I thought it meant delete but it's to remove from a group.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Ok, I can't find it on the menu as selectable for some reason. But if I right click on the control then I can go to layout and Remove Layout then that works. So, again it must be some little step that I missed. Then even with that getting it lined up correctly was a challenge. When I preview the report in print mode the field is no where near where it was (in relation to the picture background) when I added it in design mode. So, after all the frustration I used the idea of mail merging to go one step simpler and just use excel. I exported the data needed to one worksheet and found an excel version of the report I'm trying to do. Which is frustrating considering the only reason this became an Access project is because I thought designing my own report would be the piece I needed. I guess another example of Access is too difficult so don't use it. That seems to be why I can't learn it more.

Upvote 0
I right click on the control then I can go to layout and Remove Layout
Sounds exactly what I meant but couldn't verify using my phone. I went by memory.

Don't be so hard on yourself. A forum like this isn't really for learning (beyond what you might pick up when resolving a problem). There are TONS of web pages, and stuff that wasn't available when I was learning (e.g. YouTube) and I still managed to learn enough to be fairly proficient. It takes time and practice, but it is worth it. Unfortunately, in this forum pics aren't allowed, so it is somewhat of a teaching handicap. Otherwise I'd show you how complicated a form can be. If things aren't lining up for you, it can be because of where you put it. I'm a fan of Access reports because they blow away anything you can do layout-wise in Excel, but it sometimes it takes some design concept knowledge.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back