Using Aggregate Function excluding zeros and values not change when excluding hidden rows

romeerome368

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Evening,

I saw a recent post on this subject, but it doesn't address my situation specifically.

I have a table that is linked to an Access database, and I'm trying to calculate percentiles using the AGGREGATE function. There are also zeros that I do not want to include in the percentile calculations so I built slicers to help filter the data. My formula is giving the correct percentile number because I checked each of them individually, but as my slicer filters the data, my percentile values do not change.

Below is an example of my formula.

=AGGREGATE(18,5,IF(ABS(qryBenchmarkCalcs[Annual Food Rebate (% of Food Purchases)])>0,ABS(qryBenchmarkCalcs[Annual Food Rebate (% of Food Purchases)])),0.25)

I'm also using absolute value to get rid of the negative numbers, because they cause #NUM! errors. I could put IFERROR() around this cause errors to show up as zeros.

I can't upload the file due to private data, but I have add a screen shot of my sheet unfiltered. Pay attention to the change in the sample size.

1659590734563.png

Here is a screenshot of the data filtered, and as you can see the values did not change.

1659590983214.png

Any help with this would greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back