Using an array formula to create lists from a range of data.

mbefc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I'm looking to create a list of returns/ statements from one sheet and then list them on a second sheet.
I have an array formula ( see image ) which lifts statements from a column based on criteria I set ( there are 3 criteria and I've used the array to create 3 lists - but only for the column highlighted ).
1613472530989.png

I now want, on my other sheet, to be able to choose which column that array formula lifts the statements from and then list these statements linked to the criteria assigned to the array. i.e. I want to be able to show only the statements from Rec Aut or y3 Spr or Y5 Sum etc columns on the 'other' sheet. I know I could create 21 separate sheets to do this and get it to simply copy the lists created by the array but that seems to be a very convoluted way of doing this.

I'm not very good at Excel but I hope I've explained that well enough that someone might be able to give a simple solution.

Many thanks

@mbefc
I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

For example, IF you have Excel 365 then you can do this with a fairly short single formula in a single cell. With the formula shown in B5 below, the other results will automatically 'spill' down the column for the required number of rows.

Same Sheet1 as post #7

mbefc.xlsm
BCD
11st CriteriaColumn
2AchRec Spr
4List of Sheet1 Column C entries
5Anticipates when
6Develops clear
7Shows anticipation
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B5:B7B5=FILTER(Sheet1!C6:C350,INDEX(Sheet1!V6:AQ350,0,MATCH(D2,Sheet1!V3:AQ3,0))=C2,"")
Dynamic array formulas.
Hi,
thanks for your reply. Have updated my details and believe that your answer will also work as I am using 365. Really appreciate all the answers given to me.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back