Using an array value to sort a row to a specific Worksheet

MoshiM

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I've recently tried to make a switch towards using for loops as opposed to just writing out all the code but I have run into an issue when using an array to sort rows based on an array value.
I have a table containing all the worksheet names and variables I wish to sort by. The data that needs to be sorted comes from a refreshable Web Query and I have merged my table with via Power Query so that all the relevant data needed for sorting is always in the same row.
I'm currently getting a subscript out of range error on this line:
If ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(y, 33).Value = ContractCodes(i) Then
I'm also fairly sure that
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WS_Name(i))
will result in another error.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Code:
Sub Sort_L()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

Dim ContractCodes() As Variant
Dim WS_Name() As Variant

Dim i As Long

a = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row    'find the last used row number on Worksheet "Weekly"
ReDim ContractCodes(0 To a - 1)                                             'Size of the Array
ReDim WS_Name(0 To a - 1)                                                   'Size of the Array
WS_Name = Range(Cells(2, "AK"), Cells(a, "AK"))                             'First row has headers so columns start at 2
ContractCodes = Range(Cells(2, "AJ"), Cells(a, "AJ"))                       'Contract Codes are what each row will be sorted by

For y = 2 To a                                                              'From the Second Row to the Bottom of the used rows
    For i = LBound(ContractCodes) To UBound(ContractCodes)
'variable i used for both ContractCodes and WS_Name because arrays will always be the same size along with the corresponding values being in the same row
        If ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(y, 33).Value = ContractCodes(i) Then
            d = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WS_Name(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
            ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WSName(i)).Cells(d + 1, 1).Value = Worksheets("Weekly").Range(Cells(y, "A"), Cells(y, "AG")).Value

End If
    Next i
Next
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Call ToTheHub
End Sub

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I managed to figure it out. Here is the solution in case someone else tries to do the same

Code:
Sub Sort_L()

Dim ContractCodes() As String
Dim WS_Name() As String
Dim j As Long

a = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'find the last used row number on Worksheet "Weekly"

ReDim ContractCodes(1 To a - 1)
ReDim WS_Name(1 To a - 1)

j = 1
For f = 2 To a

WS_Name(j) = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(f, "AH").Value
    ContractCodes(j) = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(f, "AG").Value
    j = j + 1
Next

For y = 2 To a
    For c = LBound(ContractCodes) To UBound(ContractCodes)

If ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(y, 33).Value2 = ContractCodes(c) Then

d = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WS_Name(c)).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Range(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WS_Name(c)).Cells(d + 1, 1), ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(WS_Name(c)).Cells(d + 1, "AG")).Value2 = Range(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(y, "A"), ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Weekly").Cells(y, "AG")).Value2
        End If

Next c
Next
'For every row check if ContractCode is equal to a column value. If equivalent then set that rows contents equal to the range at the bottom of the corresponding Worksheet.

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back