Using Batch File IMport Custom Toolbar and Start In location.

Stan101

I have some custom toolbars and a Personal.xlsb file that I would like to deploy on multiple PCs. To make sure my macros assigned to the custom toolbars work, I have them saved in a module in Personal.xlsb. I know that I can manually import/export the custom toolbar via File > Options > Customize Ribbon > Import/Export and that I can change the start up location for the Personal.xlsb file via File > Options > At Startup, open all files in.

What I would like to do is use a batch file to populate the start in location and to auto import custom ribbon changes. Does anyone know the process to do either of these tasks via batch file? I assume the start in location is stored somewhere in registry. I don't want to point the start in to a network location as some machines are stand alone at times.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Why are you adopting this approach rather than using an add-in with a customised ribbon? It would be far simpler since all you need to do is install the add-in.

Upvote 0
Why are you adopting this approach rather than using an add-in with a customised ribbon? It would be far simpler since all you need to do is install the add-in.
Hi Rory, the reason I have not done it is because I can't find any guides on how to do it. It may be mum lack of search skills but after a few hours of searching and reading I came up blank. I came up with this solution as it was the only way I knew how to make progress. I knew there were Xlam options but I thought it was out of my scope.

Does that need to be deployed via EXE? Do you have any links on how to find them?

Upvote 0
No, an add-in is basically just a workbook with a special flag set (which you do just by saving the workbook as an addin through the save as dialog). For all things Ribbon, here's the best place to start: Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar pages

Upvote 0
Oh, I was seriously overthinking things, wasn't I? I just did a quick test and I now remember I have done this before but I was thiking an Xlam was something different today for some reason. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back