using Bill's new book to learn Excel

4pbears

i am about to begin learning excel and was wondering if Bill's new book would be a good book to start with, or if not, could someone suggest another book to begin learning excel; i am running excel 2002.

Thanks.

Dave. P.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Having seen several of the chapters (via email/link) I would say it's about as good a book as you can get to start with.

Best regards

Richard

Upvote 0
I would also recommend it, yes. Awesome book to learn Excel. If you want others, check out John Walkenbach's books as well, excellent material.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Mr.Excel!

It's definitely a good source to reference as you go along. I signed up for the chapters via email and after Chapter 1, I had to buy the book.
You may also want to consider the Shelly Cashman Series of books to get you started. Other than that, a large part of learning Excel, as any other program, is actually using Excel.
You will definitely have some questions along the way, but no matter how unintelligent they may sound to you, dont be afraid to ask them anyway. By joining this forum you are already on the correct path. Through this community, you have direct access to the Excel experts. Im a newer member myself and I wish I would have discovered this place long before.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back