Using checkbox responses to generate a new tab with data referenced from a second tab-macro?

tnovak

Hi,
***I WANTED TO ATTACH A SPREADSHEET TO THIS POST BUT COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW? THIS WILL BE NEEDED FOR YOU KIND FOLK TO HELP WITH THE POST :) thanks!!

I have a spreadsheet (couldn't figure out how to attach it?) where the user takes a survey (see "Prioritize" tab) to generate results (see "Results" tab) that use their answers from the "Prioritize" tab plus data from the "Backend" tab to populate the results. This is working perfectly!

Now, the next step:

On the "Checkboxes" tab, I have created 20 demographic categories with checkboxes. The user will check all the boxes that apply to them. These demographic categories are listed in columns L-X in the "Backend" tab. So for example, you can see on the "Backend" tab that cats are an animal associated with the demographic categories of: loves animals, male, female, employed, lives in suburban area, lives in rural area, married, owns pet, likes coffee, and likes Star Trek. So If someone checked any ONE of those demographic categories in the checkboxes, "Cats" would be displayed in their results tab (this NEW RESULTS tab will be the BLUE tab I've labeled "CHECKBOX RESULTS).

So now, look again at the last tab- yellow- labelled "results".

See the data that is displayed there? It is columns A (animal name), B (color), and H-J (other data associated with the animal). That is the SAME data I want to use in the CHECKBOX RESULTS tab.

So for a person of the demographic categories who is associated with "Cat", the data from A2, B2, G2, H2, I2, J2 will be displayed, in a format that looks like the yellow "results" tab.

I hope this description makes sense.

So my question to you is:

What VBA code/macro/or other method can I use to generate this CHECKBOX RESULTS tab that populates the info as described above?

Note: There is a "show results" button in the Prioritize tab - the macro assigned to this could perhaps be modified to work for the checkbox results tab? And I was thinking maybe VLOOKUP or another lookup function would work as part of the macro? (just a thought; any ideas you have are welcomed!!)

Thanks!​
<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 5px 10px; border: 0px; background-image: none; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"></fieldset>

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back