Using Conditional Formatting with Icon Sets to Compare Cell Value Differences

CSL5414

I’ll give an example to hopefully make this faster.
In Column "Tear Height" or column AJ, row 161, I have a value of 200. Going down the table (each row is a new bond for what I’m doing, so a parameter is going to be changed. It will not always be the same parameter changing), the value of 200 increases by 10 each cell (AJ162, cell value = 210, etc.), until AJ166. From AJ166 to AJ169 the cell value stays at 250. The value then goes up again by 10 in AJ170. In AJ171, the value drops to 240, and continues to drop until AJ175.
What I am trying to get, is to have Conditional Formatting Icon arrow sets, that show if a value increases, decreases, or stays the same, from the cell directly above it, in the same cell as the value. Similar with stock market value changes, if the value goes down from the last time it was checked, a red down arrow. If it goes up, a green up arrow. For me, if the value doesn't change, then the yellow dash.

I do not want to change the fill color of cells, because I use that in the event that a bond fails. I change the font color as well if it is deemed a critical value. I hope that you are able to help me with my problem, seeing as how I don't know code.

Many thanks,
Sean

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back