Using "cuadro de controles" in spreadsheets

Guille1966

Dear Sirs.

I saw a very great spreadsheet that came with some "cuadros de control" in it. They were very helpfull for people that have to manage the spreadsheet and choose between options without having to learn how it realy works.

These "cuadros de control" work very well because you can only choose between values that were developed in an list, or you can only choose between two or three option by cliking above one of the options.

The way that these "cuadros de control" worked was that they put some value onto a cell based on the selection you have chosen. For example if you choose the first option of the list the value in certain cell was one, if you choose the second one, the value becomes a two.

I searched for macros in the spreadsheet but I found none.

Wolud you please help me. I want to learn how can I insert this kind of elements in my spreadsheets in order to present my work in a more efficient way.

Sorry for my poor English, but don´t worry, I Understand English better than I Write it!!

Regards, and Thanks

Guillermo

In my research I realized that activeX staff can be used too.... but I could not resolve my problem with these elements....

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
We would need more information, it could be a simple set of if or case statements or it could be looking up results in a DB. Can you post an example of the use and actual live data (For example, clicking a button that say's XX will put YY in the spreadsheet in cell A4)

Upvote 0
There´s a part of the spreadsheet with three different choices. You can choose between seeing the spreadsheet in USD, Euros, or Chilenean pesos. Depending of wich choice you made, a cell changes its value from "1" for usd report, to "1,47" for the Euro report, etc.

You only have to click in one option for the change to take place.

In another case, when you click on a cell, for example the C5 cell, a list appears in the cell, and you can choose between "yes" or "no" from the list. If you choose "yes", cell "D5" becomes "1", and if you choose the "no" option, the value becomes "0".

You can build these "cuadro de controles", I think can be traslated as "control frames" making the control frames menu visible and choosing from many buttons, i.e. the Combo Box button, listbox button, number control, toogle button, spin button, textbox button.

I took some pictures of my screen with my cell, but unfortunatelly, I don´t know how to put them in an URL adress... sorry

Upvote 0
Thank you Andrew!!

You ´ve solved me one part of my question.

The link showed me the way to make de visible list where to choose some options.

Excellent and thanks!!!

Do you know how can I make the other way? I mean, the way you put some options and there is a dot besides de option where you can clic on?

I´d try to draw right here what I mean

--Currency -------------------------
‖ USD ( ) EURO (•) CLP ( ) ‖
-------------------------------------
These choices are not complementary, I mean you cannot choose two of them. Depending on the choice you make, is the value of the cell determined by the frame.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back