Using Dates as Ranges in SUMIFS

reducedjuice

Board Regular
I'm wokring on a SUMIFS formula (obviously in Excel 2007) that seems to be formatted correctly, but is returning resuts of "0" for all when there shoudl be other values, so I'm in troubleshooting mode. If it helps, the original thread explaining my scenario is here.

General question on SUMIFS:

I have mutiple CriteriaRanges of dates. These ranges are referencing different columns of dates, and when I look at the Function Arguments by clicking Fx, I see that the formula is reading some of the dates in their DD-MMM-YY format, while others are reading it in the text format (ie. 39279). The question then is, does it read these 2 dates the same even though they are in different formats? Or, do I need to ensure that all date ranges are in the same format?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Yes, each date must be in proper Date format. It seems to me that the ones that appear as mm-dd-yyyy are acutally in text format.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, each date must be in proper Date format. It seems to me that the ones that appear as mm-dd-yyyy are acutally in text format.

Thanks, that was indeed the problem. The data that I had imported, while appearing as a date, was actually in text format. All better now!

Upvote 0
I went to your original site, and saw your anser to domenic, indicating that all was well! I recommend that ou return to the otiginal thread, and post there, as it always badly received when an origiinal poster opens a second thread on the same problem or subject. Your problem seems contained on you spreadsheet, so, for me to even try to help you farther, I would have to have a copy of the problem sheet, so I could investigate each one of the values, to see which one(s) are causing your problem, and why. But, once you post on the original thread, I suppose domenic will take up your problem again, assuming you add enough new data to allow him to come up with a more proper solution.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ralph. Yes, I erroneously posted the same question twice, so apologies for wasting your time there! I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I missed reading your "All is well, now" reply. I am happy to know that your problem was resolved that simply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back