Using Excel as a presentation tool - adding / deleting pages within an output tab

d_m_a

Hi,

I'd like to put together an output page that stays within Excel for all of my graphs / charts / etc. that comes from underlying data on a different tab. Let's call it "output tab." What I'd like to be able to do is simply print the output tab whenever I want to look at the charts. Order is important here, so I need to be able to add and delete pages throughout.

My question is re: the easiest way to manage this. Since I'll be adding pages here and there, is it possible to "add page" in a manner similar to Powerpoint? Where if I'm on page 5 of this output (pg. break preview) and I want to add an additional page right there, i can just insert a page somehow? I know that I can add columns each time but seeing if there is a better way.

Also it would be preferable to have these pages go in this kind of order:
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

instead of this order:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

since it's so much easier to manage, especially as the page count increases. In the first scenario I wouldn't even be able to add a page the typically way of inserting columns without screwing up all the pages below it. And actually it would be great if in the top example above pg. 4 goes to the spot where pg. 5 is when I add the page.

Hopefully this makes sense, interested in any suggestions to make my life easier as I try and build this.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Bumping in case anyone missed it the first time around and has any suggestions... thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back