Using Excel to modify an Access Table and save it as .mdb

bitemenow

Hi, I am restricted by having a work pc, MS Access 97 sr2, MS Office Excell 2007 sp2.

I am using specialized software FIT+3 that tests respirators for the fitting to the face for leakage.

It has a mdb file that Access cannot open, it says unrecgonized format, but I can open it in Excell, it is a table box, I then chose which one to open. I can then see the individual databases that are either being filled in or empty at the time.

What I am trying to do, is not have to enter individual names and data at the time of the testing, thus leading to errors but import from a data base.

I followed the instructiond from the Fit+3 software to copy the (what I assume is the tables) protocols, it is saved as a mdb file but still un openable by Access.

I tried to copy other parts the data base tables, but get Microsoft jet database engine cannot find input table or query fittest, or share.exe was not loaded or shared region was locked when trying to copy different tables.

Instead, I can access the a copy of the main database file to practice on, my work around is opening the table adding the names and date then saving it back into the table.
t
But I only know and can save it as a Excell file, not back into the table I opened. I tried importing and linking the table but again Access does not open the original file containing the table I want to modify.

I did create Access database sheet of the table I want to modify. I again tried exporting same name, to the original file/ table but the unable to recognize error came up again.

So I am now in the dark and dare not delve any further as this is my limit of knowleged,

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
:LOL:Hi I see people are having a look see and running away, I dont' blame ya ;):eek:

I luv billi gates and all his friends.

PS if some one wants to get really rich, make a program that walks you through Excel like a wizard, asking you in plain english what you want to do!!(y)

Upvote 0
Could there be a reason you can't do that you want?

Perhaps the people who created the software have designed it this way for some reason.

What is it you actually want to do anyway?

You say you want to avoid errors by not entering data at the time of testing but from a database.

How would the data get into the database? Any chance there could be an error when that's done?:)

Upvote 0
Re: Using Excel to modify an Access Table and save it as .mdb SOLVED

Hi again, got home, used my Office 10 on the same mdb file it opened ok. Brought it on a USB as Outlook did not let me open it last night. I tried a quick work around the safety settings but could not find them.:confused:
Used Excel to create my table of new names to add to my existing ones from my working copy. Imported it into the mdb table via Access every thing worked as it should.:cool: So that leaves me a with a not fully functioning Access 97.

Have my work around but what a way to do it. Now to get corporate to do something about Access when they are only using SAP.:p

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back