Using Excel to Remove Duplicate Outlook Contacts

AnthonyRC

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I am reorganizing an Outlook contact database where I store students' contact information as well as their test date, location, and pass/fail status. I use the "Office Location" Outlook field to track their test date. Since this field is not a date field I exported the contacts to a csv file where I could easily reformat the date. Since I have the data in Excel, now I want to remove duplicate entries for the same contact before I import it back to Outlook. My columns are headed and I want to remove duplicate rows that have the same first and last name, leaving only one entry per student.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Anthony

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Welcome to the Forum,

Use the Data Tab and Advanced Filter this will allow you to have a single entry. Suggestion Add a second sheet first then use the Advance Filter and then select the data you want and go through each option but include Unique Records Only. Which will return one record for each person.

Upvote 0
Thank you Trevor. I am not very familiar with Advanced Filtering in Excel. I added the extra rows but I'm not sure what criteria I should use to configure the filter. Below is a sample section of my spreadsheet. Could you provide me with an example?

TitleFirst NameMiddle NameLast NameSuffixCompanyDepartmentJob TitleBusiness StreetBusiness Street 2Business Street 3Business CityBusiness StateBusiness Postal CodeBusiness Country/RegionHome StreetHome Street 2Home Street 3Home CityHome StateHome Postal CodeHome Country/RegionOther StreetOther Street 2
CarrieAdamsHeadley InnMCBI5345 WEST PIKEZANESVILLEOH43701-8292United States of America
SueAdamsRiver View School DistrictMCBI27175 SR 621FRESNOOH
43824​
United States of America

Upvote 0
Hi Anthony

Thanks for showing an extract but they aren't duplicate records. See if this will help, there are always other options in the Data Tab there is a Remove Duplicates feature.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back