Using Floor Function to do a cash breakdown

Maridw

I am working on a prize fund spreadsheet and had previously used the Floor Function. Unfortunately I protected the worksheet so that the person I was doing it for would not make changes to the formulas and I can not remember the password.

I can see part of the formulas, but not all of them since I can not change the column width.

Column B is the total cash for the team. Column C is the total per member (Col B / 4). Columns E to I break Col C down into $20's, $10's, $5's $1's & quarters. For Column E I have: =floor($c6/20,1)*4. For Column F: =floor(($c6-(( and that is all I can see. I think I subtracted the amount for the $20's, but I am not sure how I did it.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. I would use last year's sheet, but there is a cell that is protected that has information that had to be put in manually. I can't remove it and I can't add to the sheet, so right now I am stuck.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
As Andrew said, we cannot help you with the password breaking part of it, but if the issue is you cannot change the column width to see the formula, there is another way you can see the formula with out changing the column width. Just select that cell and look at the formula in the Formula Bar.

I am also unlocking this thread so you can reply back to it. As long as no posts are made about password breaking, we will leave it unlocked.

Upvote 0
I am not trying to break the password. I never once asked for help to break the password, I was asking for help on the formula. This is MY spreadsheet that I created, but forgot the password. After many attempts to figure it out, I decided to re-create it the spreadsheet. I have tried to change the column width. But because the section I need to see is protected, it is not allowing me to change the width.

I was trying to see if someone was familiar with the function and how I might have used it to get this type of breakdown. If someone could help me with a similar formula using the Floor function, I would appreciate it. I have tried to click on the column heading and right clicking to get the drop down menu to change the column width but it is grey and will not allow me to select it.

Upvote 0
Can you see the formula in the Formula Bar? That is not effected by Sheet protection.

Actually, can you even see the Formula Bar itself?
If not, show it by checking "Formula Bar" on the View Tab (xl2007+)

Upvote 0
I am also unlocking this thread so you can reply back to it. As long as no posts are made about password breaking, we will leave it unlocked.
Sorry, I wasn't implying that you would post about that, but other people replying (if they misunderstand) might (it happens).
Actually, we would just remove those posts as opposed to locking the thread.
Sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all the replies. I was finally able to find a way to actually see the "code" of the worksheet and see the formulas within the code. When I had protected the sheet, I had set it up so that the person who was going to be using it could not even select the cells that I wanted protected. I had locked all those particular cells.

I have been able to create a new version and this time I wrote down the password and made it something associated with the sheet itself. ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back