Using IF formula on a range of cells

mahad

Hi i have a spreadhseet that consists of 1000+ rows within the rows there are IF statements that checks specific range of cells for a value and then enteres a value of true or false.

For example:

-- removed inline image ---

I want the sheet to look at cells below until it gets to the row beginning with "2" and enter the if formula to detrmin if all the values show "0", value_if_true "Nothing Selected", otherwise leave cell blank. Currently I have to go down manually to each row beginning with 2 and enter the if formula and choose the cells blow till i get to the row beginning with 2 again. It is very time consuming and more and more rows keep getting added.

If there is an automatic way to do this that would be great, OR even an IF forumla that looks at a range rather than specifc cells.

An example of the Forumla i am currently using is: =IF(AND(N51=0,N52=0,N53=0,N54=0,N55=0),"Nothing Selected"," ")

Please help

thank you

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Welcome to the forum, your image hasn't been successfully added to your thread.

Upvote 0
If there is an automatic way to do this that would be great, OR even an IF forumla that looks at a range rather than specifc cells.

An example of the Forumla i am currently using is: =IF(AND(N51=0,N52=0,N53=0,N54=0,N55=0),"Nothing Selected"," ")
If your entries are numeric, how about:
Code:
=IF(SUM(N51:N55)=0,"Nothing Selected,"")

Upvote 0
If your entries are numeric, how about:
Code:
=IF(SUM(N51:N55)=0,"Nothing Selected,"")

Hi I am really sorry i was in a hurry to get a reply. I should have read through on how to post properly. But that formula worked. i still have to do it manually but atleast i can choose a range rather than selecting each cell individually.

Thank you

Upvote 0
i still have to do it manually but atleast i can choose a range rather than selecting each cell individually.
I am not sure what you mean by you "still have to do it manually".
What do you have to do manually? Type in a formula?
Excel cannot really know what your intention is. If there is some logic where you thinks things may be automated (meaning "VBA" will need to be involved), if you lay out those rules, some things may be able to automated. But remember, programs can only do what we instructl them to do, they really cannot "think".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back