Using IF IFNA and IFERROR in one formula

brooksc29

I am trying to search by a name through three different ranges and am having trouble coming back with the correct result.

I'd like the formula to be written as lookup the name in cell B2, through range A, if there is no result, then look up the name in B2 in range B, and if no result look up the name in range C.

I have it written with SUMIFS formula, maybe that is giving me the problem? I am returning a FALSE result.

=ISNA(IFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP($B$2,PACRIMARMS19,8,FALSE)&"-"&VLOOKUP($B$2,PACRIMARMS19,9,FALSE),,SUMIFS(STATS19MiLpREG!$E$3:$E$45693,STATS19MiLpREG!$B$3:$B$45693,$B$2)&" - "&SUMIFS(STATS19MiLpREG!$F$3:$F$45693,STATS19MiLpREG!$B$3:$B$45693,$B$2)),VLOOKUP($B$2,STATS19MLpERA,3,FALSE)&" - "&VLOOKUP($B$2,STATS19MLpERA,4,FALSE)))

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Your formula makes absolutely no sense, why are you joining 2 vlookups together?

Normally you would use =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(...),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(...),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(...),"No Match")))

But I can't figure out from your formula if that is what you will need.

Upvote 0
I am joining VLOOKUP($B$2,PACRIMARMS19,8,FALSE)&"-"&VLOOKUP($B$2,PACRIMARMS19,9,FALSE) because of formatting the data correctly in the cell that I want it displayed. We are talking about two different columns of data being displayed into one cell.

PACRIMARMS19 is range A
STATS19MiLpREG!$E$3:$E$45693 is range B
STATS19MLpERA is range C

I'll try your way and see if it works.

Upvote 0
You've written your formula as IF(VLOOKUP(...)&"-"&VLOOKUP(...), but IF what? There is no logical test so that will always return a #VALUE! error.

The TRUE result of IF is empty, the FALSE result has the joined SUMIFS formula, but at the logical test is incomplete neither TRUE or FALSE will ever be used. The formula will always revert to the IFERROR result of the second pair of VLOOKUPs.

Regardless of the result of those VLOOKUPS, your formula will only ever return TRUE or FALSE because it is wrapped in ISNA, a mismatch on either of the VLOOKUPs in the second pair will return a result of TRUE because it will be #N/A! or if both have a valid result then it will return FALSE because a valid result is not #N/A!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back