Using INDEX/AGGREGATE to return multiple answers

J_MAW

Hi

I am trying without success to return multiple answers using Index / Aggregate.

I have a list of Action Points and they are either Complete, Not Started, Progressing, Off Track. 200427 Sample File.xlsx

I have got one formula working ( please see attached - CELL G5) but when I copy it across it returns same result (CELLS H5, I5) I would expect to see H5 = 1024 I5 = 1026. It also returns #NUM where a criteria is not in the INDEX (ie Not Started)

I therefore tried to use INDEX/AGGREGATE from a previous formula (though the original formula contained 2 criteria) but it keeps returning #VALUE.

All help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
How about, in G5 copied down & across
=IFERROR(INDEX($X$2:$X$26,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($X$2:$X$26)-ROW($X$2)+1)/($W$2:$W$26=$B5),COLUMNS($G5:G$6))),"")

Upvote 0
Hey, your INDEX SMALL formula is fine except for the final part with the k value, you have used $V$1 which is absolute reference, if you drag across columns you want this relative to the column, use COLUMNS($V$1:V$1) for example then drag across.

Upvote 0
How about, in G5 copied down & across
=IFERROR(INDEX($X$2:$X$26,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($X$2:$X$26)-ROW($X$2)+1)/($W$2:$W$26=$B5),COLUMNS($G5:G$6))),"")

Hi Fluff

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

That worked perfectly. :)

J

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Hey, your INDEX SMALL formula is fine except for the final part with the k value, you have used $V$1 which is absolute reference, if you drag across columns you want this relative to the column, use COLUMNS($V$1:V$1) for example then drag across.

:)
Hi Tyija1995

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'd already used Fluff's recommendation but I'll keep a note of your suggestion for future reference.

Upvote 0
Awesome, yeah it was just the last parameter needed cleaning from your original formula, though INDEX AGGREGATE is nicer in my opinion as it doesn't need CSE I believe.

If you have access to O365, then you could use FILTER to achieve the above, a nice little note to add if you have/get O365 in the future.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back