Using Index and Match for 1 column and two rows

L

Legacy 351788

Hi,

I have a spreadhseet with far too much information on it. I want to add a tab that will pull just the information I want from it. I've been trying to do this using INDEX and MATCH. But I think where the issues is, I need it to use information from two different rows. One row is the month, and the second row is ACTUAL, BUDGET and has this for each month. So, I maybe confusing it withhaving the same two words repeared 12 times. Because when I put the below formula in, the value it returns is from the cell before it. The formula i'm using is -

IFERROR(INDEX('P&L Forecast'!$D$9:$BJ$92, MATCH('P&L Summary'!$C$4:$C$42,'P&L Forecast'!$C$9:$C$92,0), MATCH('P&L Summary'!$D$2:$AN$2, 'P&L Forecast'!$D$7:$BJ$7,0),(AND(MATCH('P&L Summary'!$D$3:$AP$3, 'P&L Forecast'!$D$6:$BJ$6,0)))),"")

Is there a way around this where I don't have to change the formula for each row or column or am I just being super lazy?

THANK YOU

Attachments

• Excel.png
    Excel.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
First of all, you only need a single relative reference for the first argument of MATCH, using the whole range makes your formulas messy and confusing, even more so when those ranges overlap with the second argument (that is just plain bad).

From what I can make out, it looks as if you need something like.

=IFERROR(INDEX('P&L Forecast'!$D$9:$BJ$92, MATCH('P&L Summary'!$C4,'P&L Forecast'!$C$9:$C$92,0), MATCH('P&L Summary'!$D2&$D3, 'P&L Forecast'!$D$7:$BJ$7&'P&L Forecast'!$D$6:$BJ$6,0)),"")

But your explanation is anything but clear, so I could be way off.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back