Using ‘isin’ function in excel-help!

McNeil87

Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Hello! Need help on how can insert the function ‘isin’ into my excel. I see it is used on a different users excel file. I am finding I need to use this ‘isin.’ I am unable to find much information on how to use ‘isin’ as a formula in excel.
Thank you!

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
There is no such function in Xl.
It's probably a User Defined Function (UDF), in which case the code maybe in one of the modules of that workbook, or in an add-in file

McNeil87

Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Hello!

thanks for the fast reply. Is there a way I can locate in the workbook if it’s a UDF or add-in?

thank you!

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Open the VB editor (Alt F11) > then Ctrl F > in the find what put Isin > make sure "Current Project" is selected > Find next.
If it's part of an add-in it depends on whether the project has bee locked.

McNeil87

Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
ahh it is a UDF. The formula looks something like this: =filename\addins\UDF\.xlam!isin(cell,columnref)...

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
In that case you will need to get hold of a copy of the add-in & install it on your computer.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You're welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damntheman30

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...