Using Logical Formulae to determine if all cells are equal to or below a given number, and not blank

kjgarbutt

Hi all,

I am analysing some survey data and I am trying to group a set number of questions together so that I can determine if a patient has rated their pain equal to or below 4 (out of 10) for ALL of the chosen questions. An example of the data is below. As well as the formula I am currently using.

The problem I have noticed is that the formula will show "ALL < = 4" even if NO data is in the cells. Logically this makes sense, but a 0 and blank cell are very different in this respect. What I need is:

IF a number is present AND it is EQUAL to or LESS than 4 in each of these cells (ATI2,ATQ2,...), RETURN "ALL < = 4", ELSE RETURN " " (nothing!).

I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Any help or guidance as to how best to do this would be much appreciated.

Question C8Question C10Question C13Question C20Question C21Question C27Question C33ALL NRS < = 4
2ALL NRS < = 4
ALL NRS < = 4
3320ALL NRS < = 4

<tbody>
</tbody>

=IF((AND(ATI2<=4, ATQ2<=4,ATS2<=4,AVV2<=4,AVW2<=4, AWR2<=4,BAF2<=4)), "ALL < = 4", " ")

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back