Using OFFSET between two dynamic dates

bananafay

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

In my daily workbook I have an invoice date that changes every month and the payment date is always on the 2nd of the following month.

I'm trying to create a formula to flag the payment date and show the corresponding cash outflow on the payment date.

Using the OFFSET function, the reference is the invoice date however the column number is dynamic and changes depending on whether it is the 2nd of the month. I've tried using OFFSET and MATCH together but can't work out how to calculate the number of days between the invoice date and the 2nd of the following month.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for the type of formula to use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
This isn't clear to me. A simple example would help.

Upvote 0
This isn't clear to me. A simple example would help.
Hi Dermot

Apologies, I have found a solution. What I was trying to do was use a complicated OFFSET formula with the wrong reference, when simply summing the invoice payments for each month on the second of the of the following month is a much more elegant solution. Thanks for your reply, I will mark this as solved and save everyone from my brain fog moment!

Thanks
Deana

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back